It all started when…
in 1955 a group of community minded parents formed a committee to open a kindergarten. Purchasing the old Cooroy Primary School Schoolhouse, they had it moved to its present site in central Maple Street and thus the Cooroy Community Kindergarten was established. In 1972, the Cooroy Community Kindergarten was affiliated with the Crèche and Kindergarten Association of Queensland (C & K). In 2011 the Kindergarten Committee chose to end this affiliation and join The Gowrie (Qld) Inc. This wonderful organization is now our Central Governing Body.
The Cooroy Community Kindergarten site is of cultural significance to the local Gubbi Gubbi Aboriginal people of this land. It was once used as an area for gathering and camping.
There are currently 44 families that make up the membership of Cooroy Community Kindergarten.
The Kindergarten was established to meet the needs of the growing rural township of Cooroy and to fulfill the desire for an early childhood education facility that was centrally located and therefore able to be accessed by a broad community base.
Student enrolments are drawn from all over the Sunshine Coast Region.
Cooroy Community Kindergarten prides itself in providing a high standard of Early Childhood Education in a welcoming community focused environment. Through the dedication of teachers and many people in the community much has been achieved at the Kindergarten since its establishment.